Tuesday, March 10, 2009

our deepest desires

I have been doing a lot of thinking and some meditation lately, and I have discovered something very important. Our true self is deep inside us already, and we do not need  to go searching for it. Every time I hear a friend say, "I need a girlfriend or a boyfriend"  I always respond with,  "don't look for it, let it come to you."  This brings me to an important point - Everything is brought to our attention when we NEED it and allow it,  not when we WANT it.   Before these desires come into our atmosphere we need to be grateful for what we have and who we are. When I become sidetracked and I do not show gratitude this is when I am at my worst - on the flip side when I become grateful for my friends, family, skills i have developed, good health, etc etc. I become happy and things flow towards me easily. 
I was in a deep meditation session recently, when my body became numb and I was not conscious of my breathing. I have attained this state before but this time it was special. I saw myself on a beach for a few seconds then that image faded out. I began to see crystal clear water resting in my cupped palms and certain thoughts crossed my mind. I tried hard to keep them out and in little flashes, I had thoughts of clarity - things that I am meant to be doing, want, and need, I already know and have.  This was the lesson that I learned. I got up from the meditation and thought this was too simple to be true. These obtainable dreams, ideas and desires, that we have, are deep inside of us, but smothered with doubt.  Throughout our lifetime many of us are told we can and cannot do certain things and that we should do one thing rather than another. these beliefs get embedded into our brains and ultimately cause blocks in the flowing energy system. It is important to recognize these blocks and clear them immediately. We cannot live other peoples lives, in that what is good for one person is not good for the next.  We as people also look too hard for things instead of letting them come to us. Next time you go out - Say to yourself, "I don't expect much, just the best."  Clear your mind of any doubt and just enjoy being with the people you love - whether it be friends, family, co-workers, or total strangers. Ever notice you meet someone when you least expect it? ever notice ideas come when your not thinking too much? there is a reason for this - In the still of the moment is where  our deepest desires can be found and things flow to us when we LET them. Too many people focus on what they don't have rather than what they want. If you want more money - do not focus on the lack of money, Focus on the amount that you desire; how it feels, tastes, looks like, etc etc. Meditation is a great way to calm the mind and get rid of the negative thoughts we are fed throughout the day. Exercise and healthy eating is another great way to put ourself on the positive end of the spectrum.  When we practice these techniques and focus on the positive  rather than the negative, we can begin to feel good and attract what we desire most.


have a great day,

Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment