Friday, April 3, 2009

Learn to Love Failing

To acknowledge THE POWER OF FAILURE  breeds sure success. Recently I have been thinking about successful people and how these people got to where they are now. The ingredients are; A worthy Idea, hard work, perseverance, and the LOVE OF FAILING. Why do I emphasis having a love for failing, because it is important for us to grow. I once was very afraid of public speaking and constantly dreaded the process of being in front of people. I knew in my heart I wanted to be in front of people but I was so scared to do so. After having enough courage, I started performing open mics and joined a toastmasters public speaking club(which I highly highly highly highly recommend). It was through these experiences that I learned it is okay to be a beginner and most importantly it is okay to be afraid. I truly do believe what we fear most is what we are meant to be doing. I spent a year at a dead end job until I found the courage to articulate some sort of sentence describing to my boss my need to quit. I remember thinking to myself as I was talking to him that day, "what the hell am I doing, This is great, this is unreal, am I talking, who is this nutcase speaking the words that are pouring out of my mouth." All of these thoughts criss-crossed through my head until I was finished. These actions that I took were the best decisions of my life. I recently read an article describing how great it is to be laid off or quit a job. The individual who is put in this situation really has to learn to fail in order to succeed. This person by trial and error has to go through every option and test that option to see if It will Breed Success. I took today to promise myself that I will take these blogs and mend them together into a speech. I am going to contact a local venue of some sort - and give a motivational speech for free. Do I fear doing this? No I do not because I have learned to  look at  fear as my best friend. I look Fear in the eyes and say, "Pal, enjoy the ride, this is just the beginning." In one of my songs - I have a line which I absolutely love and would like to share with all of you readers. -"If I found a way out of this place, I'd dig a tunnel to where you'd be. All my fears would stand face to face, and never crumble until defeat."  The part that I want to emphasize is - All my fears would stand face to face, and never crumble until defeat. I want each and every one of you to write down what you fear and go do it. Look at fear and say, "I WILL DEFEAT YOU!!!" - Do whatever it is that you have been dying to do even if Its going to a class where you feel  worried about being seen. Plant your Dream-Seed, Water it, and let it grow.


Enjoy the Weekend,

Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment