Friday, February 27, 2009

Why be jealous?

Lately I have been hearing stories of people becoming jealous of other individuals. I often wonder why we as humans get so caught up in what other people have and  we end up drowning in our own pool of lack. If we focus on what WE already have, including; our talents, possessions, friendships, family, and our own well being we would be much happier. It is common to envy another individual for their successes, though it is often overlooked, that the possibilities on this planet are endless. We can be and do whatever our heart desires. Next time you find yourself jealous of another individual ask yourself one question. Do not ask -  "How can I get where he/she is."  Ask - "How can I get where I want to be." We All have our own unique set of talents and desires. What makes one person happy may not make you happy. I promise if you follow your heart you can have whatever you want, whether it is a childhood dream or earning a million dollars. The possibilities are endless - learn to bend the light and be YOU.

enjoy your weekend,

Geoff Goodman

1 comment: