Monday, February 23, 2009

Utilizing your life's compass

Ever have a day when you are feeling down- possibly about yourself or your current situation? This is a normal part of life. I was recently feeling a bit under the weather and negative thoughts were forming in my mind. I am a very positive guy and was a bit concerned about these thoughts. I shut my eyes and attempted to remember a day in the recent past that I was happy. I made a mental list of the things that I did on that day and  realized something so important about feeling good.  When we are doing the things that we enjoy doing in life, we  are in full alignment with our true selves. Our feelings act as a guide to lead us in the right direction or the wrong direction in life.  This idea is so simple yet overlooked by many. I decided to ask myself another question to get some more clarification. At which moments was I the most happy when I was working at my last job?  I realized the days that I incorporated my passions into my life, whether it be that morning or evening, were the days that I was truly content. These were the days that I did not let stress bother me and  everything fell into place perfectly. I advise all of you to look back on your past and dig up the things that you have enjoyed doing and make you happy. These things as petty as they may seem make up your life's compass. Use your feelings as a guide and you will sure discover your true self.

2 comments:

  1. This was BRILLIANT! I'm a big fan of the book Ask and it is Given, and your post reminded me of that important lesson of listening to my inner compass. Thanks, Geoff!

    Best wishes,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you posts and this is the first time I have seen them. I have to say that this is my biggest problem. I start off positive the first few days and then like everything else it starts to fade. I am going to practice this as much as I can.

    HD

    ReplyDelete