Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Stay Dedicated

To those who read the blog often I do apologize for being MIA - I did just get a job which I absolutely love and I have started to implement the things that I've learned, to not only attract new clients and prospects, but to stay stress-free during the workday. The topic I want to touch up on is - the power of discipline. I have been waking up at 6 am to go to the gym and when that alarm goes off, there are days where my mind wants to shut back down and sleep. I say to myself that I have made a commitment to get up and workout and I simply shoot out of bed. If there is something you have been meaning to do, write down that task and figure out how long you can give yourself until it becomes a part of you. Usually after a good week or two your body and mind will adapt to the task at hand. Maybe you want to cut out a certain food, start running, or have your room be more clean. Whatever it may be, make a commitment to yourself, to do just one thing every day and when the time comes to do it, and you don't want to, say to yourself that you must, you have to, you've made a commitment to yourself to a better YOU! there is no better investment than in oneself.  If you can believe that anything is possible in the world, and that the more you invest in yourself, the more you will prosper and your life will be great!


enjoy the day,

Geoff

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post, Geoff! I had the same thing with an audition this morning. I was so tempted to keep sleeping, but I HAD to go, and boy am I did! I ran into a director who had called me back for another project, and it was quite by chance that he was invited to this audition. So it really pays to "make the commitment" and investment, as you said. Good for you for getting yourself out there! :)

    ReplyDelete