Wednesday, May 6, 2009

How badly do you want it- Food for thought

Back in High school I was handed an article by my cross country running coach, entitled, "How Badly Do You Want It." It was about runners, and the article emphasized that to get where you want to be, you must practice and work consistently towards your goal. I always kept that article hanging at home to remind myself of how hard I worked towards achieving a 4:58 mile time. Lately I have been thinking about the "real world" and how the article can be related to work, relationships, personal health, and any other endeavor we journey towards.  I believe that if we want something bad enough, we must ask ourselves, how badly do we really want it. What will we sacrifice to get to the pot of gold? If you can dream it you can live it. Next time you become stressed in life ask yourself what can I do differently, What am I willing to do differently, and how can I step out of my comfort zone to get where I want to be. If you remember that  you cannot get the sweet without the sour and the sour is not all that bad, you will surely get to where you want to be!

Enjoy your day,

Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment